The Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference, an NCAA Division III athletic conference, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Commissioner/Sports Information Director.
Employer: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC)
Position: Assistant Commissioner/SID
Salary: Range $45,000 - $49,000 annually
Posted: December 15, 2017
Preferred Start Date: March, 2017
Application Review: Review of applications begins January 8 until position is filled
The Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Commissioner/SID. Responsibilities include conference administration and operations with particular emphasis on sports information, scheduling, and awards. This is a full-time, 12-month position with benefits. The Assistant Commissioner/SID reports to and is under the direct supervision of the Commissioner.
- SPORTS INFORMATION
- Maintain all aspects of conference website and conference intranet
- Promote and generate original content for the conference website and social media accounts
- Coordinate statistics from member institutions and report to NCAA, media, and member institutions
- Oversee media relations and serve as primary conference contact for media and conference sports information personnel
- Cultivate and strengthen media publicity and promote conference through the media
- Serve as liaison for the Sports Information Directors Standing Committee (SIDSC)
- Maintain conference athletic standings, records, and history
- ASSIST IN CENTRAL OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Correspond with conference constituents
- Serve as recorder for conference administrative meetings
- Design and distribute conference sport, media and photography passes
- Maintain and update Conference Directory
- Represent the conference at NCAA meetings and professional development workshops
- Create composite master schedules for all sports and update schedules as necessary and post on the conference website
- Ensure proper scheduling of officials through communication with coordinators of officials
- Oversee all aspects of conference awards
- Order and assist in distribution of postseason plaques; provide templates and printing assistance for certificates
- Publicize all conference awards
- TOURNAMENTS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Promote conference postseason events
- Oversee tiebreaker policy for NACC tournament bids and seeding
- Coordinate sports information for conference postseason events with host institutions
- Provide professional-quality photographs through the hosts or professional photographers
- Attend and represent the conference at assigned postseason events
- CONFERENCE OFFICE TECHNOLOGY
- Serve as a primary technologist for the NACC office
- Support the NACC website, intranet, email system, software, and hardware
- OTHER DUTIES
- Perform other duties as assigned and approved by the conference Commissioner
A bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years' full-time experience in collegiate athletics sports information, public relations, athletics administration, or related field are required (master's degree and five years' experience in athletics administration are preferred). The successful candidate will possess strong writing, editing, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and must be able to manage multiple priorities under tight timelines. Accuracy and attention to detail is critical. Must be proficient in computer software programs including the entire Microsoft Office package, Stat Crew, and content management system websites. The ability to professionally communicate with a wide range of constituents is essential, including member institutions, Presidents, Faculty Athletic Representatives, Directors of Athletics and Administrators, Sports Information Directors, Coaches, and Media.
The NACC seeks candidates who are knowledgeable of the NACC, NCAA Division III athletics, and has a commitment to upholding the philosophy of NCAA Division III. Valid driver's license is required. The conference will conduct reference and background checks on final candidates. The NACC strives to foster a diverse community and encourages applications from women and members of historically underrepresented groups.
To apply for the position, please submit (email only) a customized cover letter (indicating clearly why you are qualified for this position), resume, and at least three references in PDF format to:
Dr. G. Steven Larson, NACC Commissioner, email@example.com (no phone calls please).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founded in 2006, the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference is home to 13 core private institutions and 2 affiliate private institutions, all housed within the states of Illinois & Wisconsin. The NACC sponsors championships in 19 sports.