NAPERVILLE, Illinois -- Aurora University finished sixth and Benedictine University 10th at the 2017 NCAA Division III Men's Indoor Track & Field Championship Friday and Saturday.
The Spartans had 21 points to tie with Rowan University for the sixth spot while the Eagles tallied 18 points for a 10th-place tie with SUNY-Geneseo. The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse and host North Central College tied for the men's title with 34 points apiece.
Aurora's Ryan Njegovan became the first individual in AU school history to win an NCAA Championship, and first in the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference to win an indoor title, as his mark of 17.83 meters won the shot put.
The following individuals from the NACC earned All-American recognition for placing in the top eight of their respective event:
- 60-Meter Dash: Jalen Griffin, Benedictine (5th)
- 200-Meter Dash: Jordan Johnson, Benedictine (8th)
- 60-Meter Hurdles: Bobby Cooks, Aurora (6th)
- Long Jump: Matt Fleming, Benedictine (4th); Roman Hill, Benedictine (7th)
- Triple Jump: Luther Newburn, Benedictine (3rd)
- Shot Put: Ryan Njegovan, Aurora (1st)
- Weight Throw: Brandon Pichen, Aurora (2nd)
Additional Finishes from the NACC:
- 60-Meter Dash: Jordan Johnson (9th Preliminaries)
- Long Jump: Chico Jackson, Benedictine (11th)
- Triple Jump: Greg Howell, Benedictine (12th)