The National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) today announced the 2016-17 NABC Honors Court, recognizing those men's collegiate basketball student-athletes who excelled in academics during the past season and 14 from the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference were honored.
The NABC Honors Court recognizes the talents and gifts that these men possess off the court and the hard work they exhibit in the classroom.
In order to be named to the Honors Court, a student-athlete must meet a high standard of academic criteria. The qualifications are as follows:
- Academically a junior or senior and a varsity player.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher at the conclusion of the 2016-17 academic year.
- Students must have matriculated at least one year at their current institution.
- Member of a NCAA Division I, II, III, or NAIA Division I or II institution with a NABC member coach.
2016-17 NABC Honors Court Honorees from the NACC:
- Eric Kittel, Concordia University Wisconsin
- Josh Erickson, Concordia University Wisconsin
- Jacob Novak, Concordia University Wisconsin
- Albert Goerlitz, Concordia University Wisconsin
- Jason Klug, Concordia University Wisconsin
- Michal Lizak, Dominican University
- Nolan Henton, MSOE
- Karel Gavenciak, MSOE
- Colin Seubert, MSOE
- Trae Blumhorst, Rockford University
- Ryan Fiorucci, Rockford University
- Arthell Rosquist, Rockford University
- Jacob Siewert, Rockford University
- Zach Wallace, Rockford University