Courtesy of Wisconsin Lutheran College
HOWEY-IN-THE-HILLS, Florida -- The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team wrapped up its third straight appearance at the 2017 NCAA Division III Championships with a 38th-place finish on Wednesday afternoon at Mission Inn Resort & Club.
- Tournament: 2017 NCAA Division III Men's Golf Championships
- Location: Mission Inn Resort & Club, Howey-in-the-Hills, Fla.
- Course Info: Par 72, 6,844 Yards (El Campeon); Par 72, 6,888 Yards (Las Colinas)
- WLC Team: T-38th of 42 (+82)
- Top WLC Individual: Tyler Wood (+16), T-121 of 215
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors carded a first-round 323 on the Las Colinas course that placed them in a tie for 30th in the 42-team field. Wisconsin Lutheran then shot a 335 in the second round on the El Campeon course for a two-round total of 658.
- Tyler Wood (Eagan, Minn.) fired a two-round 160 to lead the Warriors. The senior tied for the team low with a 79 during Tuesday's opening round. Wood played a stretch of eight straight holes during Tuesday's first round at -1.
- Garrett Ralston (Machesney Park, Ill.) finished just one stroke behind his senior teammate with a 161. He played seven consecutive holes during Tuesday's first round at -1 and finished his final five holes on Wednesday at -2.
- Derick Disch (Greenfield, Wis.) totaled a 164 and tied for the team-low round with a 79 on Tuesday. The sophomore was the only player in WLC's lineup to record nothing higher than a bogey in the opening round.
- Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis.) finished with a 173 and shot -2 over a five-hole stretch on the back nine during Wednesday's second round.
- Tim Pridemore (Hartford, Wis.) rounded out Wisconsin Lutheran's lineup with a 175 (85-90).
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- The Warriors were third in par 5 scoring at -3 after the first round and finished tied for eighth at +2 in the 42-team field.
- Wisconsin Lutheran made eight birdies in the first round Tuesday and six Wednesday, all over its last nine holes.
- Ralston drained five birdie putts to lead Wisconsin Lutheran, while he and Wood tied for the team lead with 19 pars each.
- WLC was one of 17 teams in the field making its third straight NCAA championships appearance.
- Top-ranked Huntingdon carries a four-shot lead into Thursday's third round, where the top 18 teams advance to compete for the national championship. The Hawks fired rounds of 293 and 291. Addison Lambeth of Huntingdon leads the championship field by two shots with a 141 (69-72).
- T-121. Tyler Wood, 160 (79-81), +16
- T-130. Garrett Ralston, 161 (80-81), +17
- T-153. Derick Disch, 164 (79-85), +20
- T-196. Damon Gnewikow, 173 (85-88), +29
- T-203. Tim Pridemore, 175 (85-90), +31