Courtesy of Aurora University
AURORA, Illinois -- Aurora University track and field graduate Emily Paull (Somonauk, Illinois/Somonauk H.S.) was named to a CoSIDA Academic All-America Third-Team member for cross country and track and field. The honor is the second time in as many years for Paull.
The CoSIDA Academic All-America teams are selected by member sports information directors based on the student-athletes' academic prowess and a steady influence on their respective athletic field. To be considered for the honor, the nominated student-athletes are required to maintain a minimum 3.30 cumulative grade point average throughout their academic career at AU.
Since the program's inception in 1952, CoSIDA has bestowed Academic All-America honors on more than 14,000 student-athletes in Divisions I, II, III and NAIA, covering all NCAA championship sports.
The recent AU graduate with a degree in health science received a tremendous amount of recognition as a student-athlete at AU.
Having completed her 2016 season on the indoor track and field, Paull received the following accolades:
- 2016 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) Indoor Track Championships Athlete of the Meet
- 2016 NACC Indoor Track Champion in 5,000, mile run and 4x400 relay
- 2014-2015 AU Female Athlete of the Year
- 2015 CoSIDA Academic All-American Third Team
- 2015 NCAA Outdoor Track and Field All-American honors in the 3,000-meter steeplechase
- 2015 CoSIDA Academic All-District First-Team
- 2015 USTFCCCA All-Academic – Track and Field
- 2014 NACC Individual Champion and Cross Country Runner of the Year
- 2015 U.S Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) Midwest All-Region while finishing 42nd at the NCAA Championships
- 2015 NACC Outdoor Track Athlete of the Year
- 2015 NACC Track Champion in 1,500, 5,000 and 4x400 relay (outdoor); mile and 3,000 (indoor)
- 2014 USTFCCCA Cross Country All-Academic recipient.
- 2014 Outdoor Track and Field All-American in the 3000-meter steeplechase
- 2014 NACC Indoor Co-Athlete of the Meet
- 2013 individual NACC Cross Country Champion and Runner of the Year
- First-Team All-NACC, USTFCCCA Division III All-Region
- 2014 NACC Track Champion in 1,500, steeplechase and 4x400 relay (outdoor); mile and 3,000 (indoor)
- NACC Scholar-Athlete in 2013-2014, 2014-2015 and 2015-2016.
Paull also holds three NACC Cross Country event record times, including the All-Time best, NACC Championship and NCAA Regional, three NACC Indoor Track and Field records (mile run, 3,000 meter and 5,000 meter) and two NACC Outdoor Track and Field records (1,500 meter and steeplechase).