Courtesy of Benedictine University
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin -- The Benedictine University softball team opened up NCAA DIII Softball Regional play on Friday afternoon, falling to University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh 2-0. This is the Eagles sixth NCAA appearance in the last seven years.
Benedictine 0, Oshkosh 2
• The only scoring game in the first inning for Oshkosh that included three hits and two Benedictine errors
• Benedictine threatened to score in the top of the frame, leaving two runners stranded
• With the game on the line in the seventh, the Eagles had a runner on base but couldn't get their offense going
• Benedictine left a total of six runners on base
• The Eagles only tallied four hits which ties for their lowest of the season that was last seen on March 29 against Wheaton
• On the mound, Holly Haberkorn only allowed six hits and struck out three batters while giving up zero earned runs
Kassee Johnson: 2-3
Courtney Grasz: 1-3
Breanna Sobotka: 1-3
Benedictine softball looks to come out of the loser's bracket, the same way they did last season in the Alma Regional. The Eagles take on the loser of University of Wisconsin-La Crosse vs. St. Norbert College on Saturday afternoon at 1:30 p.m.