Courtesy of Concordia University Wisconsin
HOWEY-IN-THE-HILLS, Fla. -- Maddy Zastrow fired an 89 for Concordia Wisconsin on Thursday during the third round of the NCAA Championship, unfortunately, the Falcons missed the 54-hole cut at El Campeon Golf Course.
Course: Mission Inn Resort & Club – El Campeon Golf Course (par 73, 5,804 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 25th of 25 (390-400-383 – 1,173)
Falcon Individuals: Kayla Haen (94-91-95 – 280), Maddy Zastrow (98-94-89 – 281), Molly Mundinger (96-99-93 – 288), Abbie Haller (102-116-106 – 324), Amy Carpenter (113-116-107 – 336)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior Kayla Haen (Appleton, Wis.) finished the highest on the leaderboard of any Falcon after adding a third-round 95 to her 54 hole total, which ended at 280. The righty had four pars during her third round and ended the final tournament of the season with 18 total pars.
- Concordia Wisconsin shot a 383 during the third round of the championship and totaled 1,173 shots during its 54 holes. With a new change to the format, the NCAA made a cut, keeping the top 15 teams, meaning the Falcons season has come to an end.
- Senior Maddy Zastrow (Greendale, Wis.) concluded her career with an 89 during the third round of the NCAA Championship, which included five pars. The righty ended the final tournament of her career with two birdies and 12 pars.
- Freshman Molly Mundinger (West Bend, Wis.) shot the lowest round of the tournament with a 93 on Thursday. She had a birdie on the par 4 fourth hole and sunk seven pars throughout the round. Mundinger accumulated 17 pars throughout the 54 holes.
- Freshman Abbie Haller (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) had a 106 with a par on the par 3 eighth hole. She recorded three pars and 19 bogeys during her three-day total of 324.
- Freshman Amy Carpenter (Elk Grove Village, Ill.) added a 107 to her three-round total of 336, which was the lowest 18 hole score over the last three days. She had a par and 10 pars on Thursday, and three pars and 21 bogeys.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Margaret Loncki (Claremont Mudd Scripps) leads the individual leaderboard after 54 holes with a 5-over par 224 total. She had a 1-under par 72 on Thursday with six birdies and eight pars.
- Claremont Mudd Scripps leads all teams with a 944 total after scoring a 316 during the third round. They lead by four shots over Williams.