Courtesy of Concordia University Wisconsin
GLENDALE, Wis. -- On a breezy, Friday afternoon, the Falcons came away with a victory against Wisconsin Lutheran. This win guarantees Concordia Wisconsin a share of the NACC title for the third year in a row. CUW also extends their NACC match winning streak to 27-matches.
Location: Paley Tennis Center (Glendale, Wis.)
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 9-0 (8-0 NACC), Wisconsin Lutheran 6-5 (5-3 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The day was filled with anticipation and excitement as the Falcons were waiting for their chance to claim a share of the NACC title. Doubles play started exactly the way CUW wanted as they claimed an 8-2 victory by the way of junior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) and senior Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.). After another 8-2 game victory in the 2nd doubles match the Falcons gained momentum heading into singles play with an 8-4 victory coming after a strong performance from sophomore Emma Sievers (Slinger, Wis.) and freshman Megan Sosnosky (Two Rivers, Wis.).
- The Falcons found success early in singles play as Sievers posted a 6-0, 6-0 result which was followed by senior Elizabeth Carroll's (Hartford, Wis.) 6-0, 6-2 performance. Concordia Wisconsin continued to post strong results across the board as junior Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) finished her singles match with a result of 6-1, 6-1.
- Concordia Wisconsin also had big performances from sophomore Rebekah Spiegelhoff (Mount Pleasant, Wis.) who took care of her opponent in singles play winning in two sets with results of 6-2 and 6-1. Spiegelhoff was followed by Tresedder who came away with a 6-2, 6-2 finish that put the match away and gave a share of the NACC title to the Falcons.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- CUW now has a 27-match NACC regular season winning streak dating back to 2014.
- The series now is 10-3 in favor of the Falcons, making it five straight wins against WLC.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will resume play on Saturday, October 7 with a match against MSOE at Pleasant Valley Tennis Club in Jackson Wis.